LOS ANGELES, Calif.- The UC Santa Barbara Women's Tennis team fell 4-3 in a tight loss to LMU on Sunday afternoon.
Following the loss, UCSB moves to 5-5 in dual match play while LMU improves to .500 on the season with a 3-3 record.
For just the second time this year, the Gauchos weren't able to secure the doubles point, and it ultimately hurt them down the stretch.
In singles play, Lev Ari knocked off Voracek in the two spot with an impressive 6-2, 6-3 sweep to maintain her weekend dominance, but from there, LMU took over.
After Yamada was scratched from singles play, Yesica De Lucas won over Sentenac on court five with a 6-2, 6-3 finish and Anderson took care of Lagarde from the three hole with a convincing 6-0, 6-4 win.
To clinch the victory for LMU, Juravliova beat Valero 7-5, 6-1 on court four and delivered the win for the Lions.
Despite the early results, Goncharova picked up a 6-3, 7-5 win against Gabrielsen on court six for the Gauchos, and Elizaveta Volodko finished off the day strong with a triumph in a 5-7, 7-6 (5), 11-9 three set thriller to conquer Miroshnichenko.
The UC Santa Barbara Women's Tennis team returns home on Wednesday, March 13 for a matchup against Marquette with first serve scheduled for 1 p.m.
Loyola Marymount University 4, UC Santa Barbara 3
1. Elizaveta Volodko (UCSB) def. Veronica Miroshnichenko (LMU) 5-7, 7-6 (5), 11-9
2. Amit Lev Ari (UCSB) def. Eva Voracek (LMU) 6-2, 6-3
3. Siobhan Anderson (LMU) def. Tiffany Lagarde (UCSB) 6-0, 6-4
4. Elvira Juravliova (LMU) def. Juliana Valero (UCSB) 7-5, 6-1
5. Yesica De Lucas (LMU) def. Lise Sentenac (UCSB) 6-2, 6-3
6. Anastasia Goncharova (UCSB) def. Lillian Gabrielsen (LMU) 6-3, 7-5
1. Veronica Miroshnichenko/Eva Voracek (LMU) def. Goncharova/Valero (UCSB) 6-4
2. Lillian Gabrielsen/Siobhan Anderson (LMU) def. Yamada/Lagarde (UCSB) 6-3
UC Santa Barbara 5-5
Order of finish: Singles (2, 5, 3, 4, 6, 1) Doubles (3, 2, 1)