RIVERSIDE, Calif. – The UC Santa Barbara Women's Tennis team continued its momentum and defeated another Big West Conference UC Riverside by a score of 4-0.
The doubles tandem of Amanda Atanasson and Amit Lev-Ari led the doubles match with a win against Sara Khattab and Natalie Penner 6-2 at No.3. At No.1, Palina Dubavets and Melissa Baker defeated Karla Dulay and Tamilla Vaksman 6-1. The duo Stephanie Yamada and Natalie Da Silveira did not have a chance to finish its match.
Gauchos carried their energy as No.4 Atanasson defeated Lauren Wolfe 6-0, 6-0 and No.5 Yamada won against Vaksman 6-1, 6-0. Next, Lev-Ari finished the match with a win against Penner by a score of 6-2, 6-0 at No.6. Dubavets, Da Silveira, and Gilbertson were leading their matches but did not have chances to finish them.
Gauchos will stay on the road and travel to Long Beach State for their match on April 15 at 11:00 a.m.
UC Santa Barbara 4, UC Riverside 0
April 14 2017
Doubles (Order to finish: 3, 1)
3. Amanda Atanasson/ Amit Lev-Ari def. Sara Khattab/ Natalie Penner 6-2
Singles (Order to finish: 4, 5, 6)
1. Palina Dubavets vs. Karla Dulay 6-4, 3-0
2. Natalie Da Silveira vs. Sara Khattab 6-3, 3-3
3. Jaimee Gilbertson vs. Tracy Van 6-6, 5-2
4. Amanda Atanasson def. Lauren Wolfe 6-0, 6-0
5. Stephanie Yamada def. Tamilla Vaksman 6-1, 6-0
6. Amit Lev-Ari def. Natalie Penner 6-2, 6-0