SANTA BARBARA, Calif.- The No. 69 UC Santa Barbara Gauchos (9-6) returned home after a road win on Wednesday to defeat the Boise State Broncos (7-8) by a final score of 6-1 on Thursday.
This marks the Gauchos' third straight win as they improved to 7-4 at home.
For the sixth straight match, the Gauchos were able to clinch the doubles point to jump out to the 1-0 lead. Melissa Baker and Stephanie Yamada improved to 7-2 on the season as they defeated Hanna Kantenwein and Milena Toseva 6-1 on court two. Lou Adler and her partner Amanda Atanasson improved to 10-3 on the season as they defeated Bobbi Oshiro and Arianna Pales Aldrey by a score of 6-3 to clinch the doubles point.
Palina Dubavets extended her singles win streak to four as she defeated Oshiro 6-2, 6-1 on court two to put the Gauchos up 2-0. Yamada stepped in to play the number five spot Thursday morning and was able to get the 6-4, 6-1 win over Toseva to put the Gauchos up 3-0. Natalie Da Silveira, playing in the number four spot for the first time this season, hit double digits in her singles win column as she took down Megan Lalone 6-0, 6-4 to improve to 10-2 on the season and to clinch the win for UCSB.
Baker, who has been absent from the singles lineup for the majority of this season, walked away from court six with a 6-2, 7-5 win over Paules Aldrey. With her win, the Gauchos went up 5-0.
The Broncos avoided the shutout as Kantenwein defeated Adler on court one 2-6, 6-4, 10-6, giving the Broncos their only tally of the day.
Jaimee Gilbertson ended the match on court three with a 6-2, 0-6, 7-5 win over Teal Vosburgh to cap off the Gauchos 6-1 victory.
UCSB will look to keep the win streak alive on Friday, April 1 as they host Big West opponent Northridge at 2:30 PM at the Rec Center Courts.
No. 69 UC Santa Barbara Gauchos vs. Boise State Broncos
Santa Barbara, Calif.
Rec Center Courts
March 24, 2016
UCSB 6, BS 1
1. Hanna Kantenwein (BS) def. Lou Adler (UCSB) 2-6, 6-4, 10-6
2. Palina Dubavets (UCSB) def. Bobbi Oshiro (BS) 6-2, 6-1
3. Jaimee Gilbertson (UCSB) def. Teal Vosburgh (BS) 6-2, 0-6, 7-5
4. Natalie Da Silveira (UCSB) def. Megan Lalone (BS) 6-0, 6-4
5. Stephanie Yamada (UCSB) def. Milena Toseva (BS) 6-4, 6-1
6. Melissa Baker (UCSB) def. Arianna Paules Aldrey (BS) 6-2, 7-5
Order of Finish (2, 5, 4, 6, 1, 3)
1. #11 Palina Dubavets/Stefani Stojic (UCSB) vs. Naomi de Hart/Megan Lalone (BS) unf.
2. Melissa Baker/Stephanie Yamada (UCSB) def. Hanna Kantenwein/Milena Toseva (BS) 6-1
3. Lou Adler/Amanda Atanasson (UCSB) def. Bobbi Oshiro/Arianna Paules Aldrey (BS) 6-3
Order of Finish (2,3)
UCSB (9-6); National Ranking 69