UCSB Extends Winning Streak to Three, Tops LMU 5-2
LOS ANGELES - The top doubles team of Natalia Lozano and Jordan Dockendorf got visiting UC Santa Barbara off to a quick start in their match at Loyola Marymount on Tuesday, defeating Elisaveta Pironkova and Reka Rohonyi by a score of 8-5, to help the Gauchos secure the doubles point en route to their third straight win, a 5-2 decision over the Lions.
The win by the Lozano-Dockendorf tandem was the first of three UCSB doubles wins. At No. 3, April Scatliffe and Kiersten Meehan defeated LMU's April Bisharat and Claudia Rezzeto, 8-4. The No. 2 team of Erica Cano and Sofia Novak completed the sweep with a 9-8 (7-4) victory over Ashley Anderson and Tory Prravi.
The Gauchos won four of six single matches. Meehan was the first off the court at No. 4 as she swept Rohonyi in straight sets, 6-2, 6-2. Cano then swept Logan Finnell in straight sets, 6-2, 6-1 to push the lead to 3-0. Novak gave UCSB its fourth point of the afternoon, and the win, with a 6-1, 7-6 win over Claudia Razzeto. Lozano topped Tory Parravi, 6-7, 6-3, 1-0 (10-3) for the final Santa Barbara tally.
Scatliffe and Dockendorf each lost three-set matches to give the Lions their two points on the afternoon.
With the win, the Gauchos have not only won three straight, they have improved to 7-10 after opening the year with an 0-4 and 2-7 record.
UCSB will remain away from home this weekend. The Gauchos travel to Fresno State on Saturday, March 30 to take onthe Bulldogs in a match that will begin at 11:00 a.m. On Sunday, March 31, they will play Nevada in a neutral court contest in Fresno beginning at 10:00 a.m.
1. Natalia Lozano (UCSB) def. Tory Parravi (LMU) 6-7, 6-3, 1-0 (10-3)
2. Sofia Novak (UCSB) def. Claudia Razzeto (LMU) 6-1, 7-6
3. Elisaveta Pironkova (LMU) def. April Scatliffe (UCSB) 6-4, 3-6, 1-0 (10-7)
4. Kiersten Meehan (UCSB) def. Reka Rohonyi (LMU) 6-2, 6-2
5. Ashley Anderson (LMU) def. Jordan Dockendorf (UCSB) 6-2, 3-6, 6-1
6. Erica Cano (UCSB) def. Logan Finnell (LMU) 6-2, 6-1
1. Natalia Lozano/Jordan Dockendorf (UCSB) def. Elisaveta Pironkova/Reka Rohonyi (LMU) 8-5
2. Erica Cano/Sofia Novak (UCSB) def. Ashley Anderson/Tory Parravi (LMU) 9-8 (7-4)
3. April Scatliffe/Kiersten Meehan (UCSB) def. April Bisharat/Claudia Razzeto (LMU) 8-4
Order of finish: Doubles (1,3,2); Singles (4,6,2,5,1,3)