Ononiwu Gets Personal by Answering 20 Questions
Jan. 16, 2007
Santa Barbara, Calif. - Junior guard Chisa Ononiwu is off to a great start as a Gaucho as seen by the 5-3 women's hoops record she has helped achieve since her debut on Dec. 18. Ononiwu recently led the Gaucho charge against UC Davis and dropped in a career-high twenty points including five three-pointers. The Baylor transfer is averaging five rebounds and 11.1 points a game. This five game winning streak will help Ononiwu and the rest of her team take on Big West rivals Cal Poly Saturday, January 20 in San Luis Obispo, Calif.
1. If you could trade places with someone for a day, who would it be?
Coach French...500 wins...a tall handsome giant for a day, who could beat that?
2. If you could change one thing about yourself what would it be?
My speed. I'd be 100 times faster so I could be everywhere in the court, and nobody could hold me or score cause I'd block their shot.
3.What would the TV show of your life be?
Girlfriends. Their outfits are so cute and they look good the whole day, even when they wake up in the morning.
4. What is one language you wish you could speak?
French...it's sexy to me.
5. If you could have dinner with one person living or dead who would it be?
Tyson Beckford. He's hot!!
6. Who is the most influential person in your life?
7. If you had your own university, what would the mascot be?
None other than a Gaucho.
8. What kind of animal would you be?
A bear...because I get to sleep for over three months (hibernate). And kill any animal I'm ready to eat.
9. Where is your favorite place to relax?
My bed...so comfy!
10. If you could only eat one food for the rest of your life, what would it be?
Orange chicken and fried rice.
11. What would your alter ego be?
I'm a big baby and other times I'm independent and handle my business.
12. When and where were you happiest?
At home with my family especially my brothers.
13. What is your biggest pet peeve?
Bad breath and liars.
14. Would you rather have eyes in the back of your haed or a third ear to hear people's thoughts?
Eyes, I'll be hurt all the time if I heard everything people had to say.
15. What is the most outrageous thing you have ever done?
Of course I wouldn't tell you that.
16. What is your guilty pleasure to watch on TV?
Real TV...when they run away from cops. I've always felta that way when I know I'm going to get a speeding ticket.
17. What is one thing that you would change about UCSB?
Parking...they should have a special parking lot for athletes!!
18. What is your favorite kind of cookie?
Chocolate chip with pecans.
19. What are you afraid of?
Cockroaches...oh my gosh!
20. Where do you see yourself in ten years?
As a mother and hopefully a speech and language pathologist. A successful, married woman.