Setter Bart Kowalski Sets the Record Straight With 20 Questions
March 7, 2007
Santa Barbara, Calif. - Senior setter Bart Kowalski leads the Gaucho men's volleyball team with 857 assists so far this season. In the team's last win against IPFW, Kowalski set up his teammates 45 times to help UCSB beat the No. 8 ranked school. He is currently ranked fourth on the MPSF assist list as well as helping the Gauchos climb the charts to second in team assists. The Polish-born Kowalski has been instrumental this season in the Gauchos' attempt to realize the MPSF championship dream. The Gauchos are currently fourth in the nation as well as fourth in the MPSF. They are scheduled to take on No. 3 BYU this weekend. The Cougars are on a six match road swing and play in Santa Barbara March 9-10.
1. Who is your biggest hero?
My mom. She has been a really influential person in my life and made me the person I am today.
2. What is your favorite holiday?
Christmas because I love being at home with my family.
3. What is one language you wish you could speak?
French is one language is would really like to learn
4. If you could live anywhere, where would it be?
I really like it in California.
5. Paris Hilton or Nicole Ritchie?
If I had to choose it would be Nicole Ritchie.
6. George Washington or Abraham Lincoln?
George Washington, he was our first president and got the country rolling.
7. What do you watch on television?
The Simpsons and anything on Animal Planet
8. If you had your own university, what would the name of your mascot be?
Bart University's mascot would be the Rhinoceros
9. What is your favorite board game?
Chess because it's the game I play the most
10. Have you ever been in a fight?
Yes, the last time was in middle school and it was because a bully was getting out of control and picking on my friends.
11. If you could change your name, what would you change it to?
My full name is Bartlomiej so I would shorten in to Bartek.
12. What is your favorite rollercoaster?
The Viper at Six Flags because it was the first rollercoaster I went on.
13. What kind of animal would you be?
A bear because it just kind of fits me well.
14. Do you prefer hamburgers or hot dogs?
15. Where is your favorite place to take a nap on campus?
The cliff in front of my house.
16. How often do you check your facebook?
Whenever I get an email that something happened
17. Where is your favorite place in Isla Vista?
18. Who is your favorite musical group?
19. What snack can you not live without?
Cheez-Its and just cheese in general. It's a big part of my diet.
20. What would your superpower be?