May 4, 2007
Santa Barbara, Calif. - Senior co-captain Elad Stern sat out the men's tennis season due to a shoulder injury suffered in one of the first matches. However, his motivational leadership style helped his team win the Big West Championship. The team can be caught in action at the NCAA First Round agianst USC in Los Angeles on May 12.
1. If you could trade places with any historical figure, who would it be?
2. What is your favorite word?
Demolish, I love it and I always use it. Crrrazy and of course with 3 r's.
3. What is the funniest thing that happened to you in the last week?
We won the Big West because we were 4-18 before the tournament
4. What would your pirate name be?
Elad the Grinder
5. When you die, what do you want a higher power to say to you?
6. What is the best way you could spend a vacation?
Best friends. Vegas. Suite. I've been there and I'll be back.
7. What would you name your car? I have a car named Betsy. My roommate gave it to me and he had already named it.
8. What characteristic do you envy in other people?
The ability to not procrastinate
9. What is your favorite prank?
Last year, I told one of the guys I was going to shave his head and he didn't believe me and then in the middle of the night I did.
10. What is the worst job you ever had?
I was the salad maker at Carrillo Dining Commons so I had to wake up at 6:30 in the morning and put my hands into the freezing salad.
11. What is your favorite quote?
If I like it, I do it
12. What kind of plant would you be?
I would be a reed because it is flexible and never breaks.
13. Who is your most inspirational role model?
I have a few, Michael Jordan and for tennis John McEnroe and Stephan Edberg. And also my dad. I have a few more but we can leave it at that.
14. What do you think about Britney Spears?
Whatever. I don't care about that.
15. What would the mascot of your university be?
The Clumsy Albert Einstein
16. What is your favorite household appliance?
The refrigerator because all the food is inside. The grill is good too.
17. What is the worst skateboard accident you have been involved in or seen?
I was next to Freebird's and my skateboard hit something and I flew forward and the skateboard flew backward. Everyone saw and I just got up and said that I was ok.
18. What is your least favorite song?
Who let the dogs out.
19. Who is your favorite artist?
20. When you were a little kid, what did you want to be when you grew up?
A tennis player.