April 17, 2011
Santa Barbara, Calif - After losing its previous five matches by a singles point the UC Santa Barbara men's tennis team got back on track with a 5-2, victory over LMU Sunday, at the Recreation Center Courts.
UCSB failed to secure the doubles point as they lost matches at courts No. 2 and No. 3. Konigsfeldt and Chavez-Gogging partnered to defeat Alex Wilton and Sebastian Bustamante at No. 1 doubles 8-3.
In singles, the Gauchos won five of the six matches. Alex Konigsfeldt won his fourth consecutive singles match, defeating Aris Andreasian 6-0, 6-2 at court No. 1. Benjamin Recknagel bounced back from a rough second set to defeat Nicholas Bjerke 6-4, 1-6, 6-4 at court No. 2 and Chavez-Goggin defeated Alex Wilton 6-4, 6-7, 6-3 at court No. 4.
UCSB finished the regular season with a record of 9-14 overall and 2-3 in the Big West.
Up next for the Gauchos is the Big West Tournament April 29-May 1 at the Indian Wells tennis Garden.
Complete results listed below:
1. Konigsfeldt/Chavez-Goggin (UCSB) Def. Wilton/Bustamante (LMU) 8-3
2. Bjerke/Andreasian (LMU) Def. Reckangel/Forget (UCSB) 8-3
3. Price/Simko (LMU) Def. Therp/Jurgensen (UCSB) 8-4
1. Alex Konigsfeldt (UCSB) Def. Aris Andreasian (LMU) 6-0, 6-2
2. Benjamin Reckangel (UCSB) Def. Nicholas Bjerke (LMU) 6-4, 1-6, 6-4
3. Mathieu Forget (UCSB) Def. Sebastian Bustamante (LMU) 6-2, 6-3
4. Taylor Chavez-Goggin (UCSB) Def. Alex Wilton (LMU) 6-4, 6-7, 6-3
5. Max Glenn (UCSB) Def. Tom Price (LMU) 7-6, 6-2
6. Daniel Simko (LMU) Def. Philip Therp (UCSB) 6-3, 6-1