Vote For Sam Hayden For Soccer News Net Player of the Year

Nov. 25, 2009

SANTA BARBARA, Calif. - UC Santa Barbara junior goalkeeper Sam Hayden is currently in the running for the Soccer News Net Player of the Year Award and he needs votes from the Gaucho faithful.

Hayden, who has led a dynamic UCSB defense this year, has already set school records in his first season in the blue and gold. Already named the Big West Conference Goalkeeper of the Year, Hayden has posted a school and Big West record 16 shutouts this season. The transfer from Yavapai College also tallied a new UCSB record of 595:16 consecutive minutes between the pipes without a goal.

He currently averages 0.69 goals against, which ranks 18th nationally and leads the Big West Conference. His .835 saves percentage is also tops in the conference and ranks 22nd nationally.

To vote for Hayden for Soccer News Net Player of the Year, click here. You are allowed to vote multiple times and the online voting will account for 40% of the total toward the award. The remaining 60% of the vote will be cast by the editorial staff.

UCSB will continue NCAA Tournament action this weekend in the Third Round. The Gauchos will travel to UCLA and face the Bruins on Sunday at 5 p.m. in a rematch of the 2006 College Cup Final, which UCSB won, 2-1.

View: Mobile | Desktop