20 Questions with Bongomin Otii
Sept. 11, 2006
UC Santa Barbara's Bongomin Otii leads the men's soccer team with five goals in five games. The freshman sensation is out of Denver, Colorado, where he led Regis Jesuit High School to the quarterfinals of the 2005 state championships while tallying 17 goals on the year. To gain more insight into the top scorer's life, we sat down with him for the year's first round of 20 questions.
1. What actor would play you in the movie of your life?
2. If you could be "Made" into anything, what would you be?
I'd say I want to be "Made" into a snowboarder.
3. What do you miss most about Colorado?
4. What is your biggest pet peeve?
5. When and where were you happiest?
Last year at the end of October when my team won the state quarterfinal.
6. What do you want to be doing in ten years?
Playing professionally in Europe
7. Who is your biggest hero?
8. How do you spend your free time off the field?
I make music, play video games and I cook.
9. If you could be invisible for a day, what would you do?
I would go into the CIA and look through all the secret files and check everything to see if they really do know everything.
10. What's the first thing you would buy if you won one million dollars?
I would buy a beach house.
11. What is your favorite holiday?
Christmas, just `cause you get dinner and presents and three weeks off.
12. If you could have dinner with two people living or dead who would it be?
Martin Luther King Jr. and Denzel Washington
13. Where is the one place you have always wanted to travel?
Rio de Janeiro
14. What's something most people don't know about you?
I play the piano.
15. What is one language you wish you could speak?
My native language Luo, which is a Ugandan language
16. Would you rather live your life as a carnival worker or as a wedding singer?
Wedding singer `cause I like to sing.
17. If you could live anywhere, where would it be?
18. What famous celebrity would you date?
19. Do you have any superstitions?
Before every game I eat a bag of gummy worms and drink a can of kiwi strawberry ice tea.
20. Paris Hilton or Nicole Richie?